Fosle Takes November Ballot Name Issue to Secretary of State

By KBJR News 1

September 17, 2012 Updated Sep 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM CDT

Duluth, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) - Jay Fosle was the first candidate to file after Representative Gauthier announced he wouldn't seek re–election, following a sex scandal in July.

Last week, Fosle sent an e–mail to Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, making this position clear that he expects his office to be prepared to also add his name to the ballot as well if the State Supreme Court decides to allow Simonson's name to appear.

Fosle says otherwise, it would be discrimination against a candidate.

"It would be discriminative toward me because I was the first one to sign up. And, really, neither of us needs to be on the ballot because there was already a primary, and it was a non–election primary," said Fosle.

Fosle added he plans on obtaining a notarized and certified letter stating his position to send to Secretary of State Ritchie this week.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.