Wood Stove Causes Fire on Hwy 33

By KBJR News 1

January 14, 2012 Updated Jan 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM CDT

Cloquet, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) -It happened just before 4 Saturday afternoon.

Authorities say a person driving by saw smoke coming from the residence, and thought the deck was on fire.

Upon arriving on scene fire fighters learned it was actually a chimney fire.

Firefighters say the blaze was started from a wood stove in the garage.

The East Brevator fire chief says even with several fire departments responding, it took several minutes to get the fire under control.

Neighbors saw the smoke and knew there saw something very wrong.

"They said that no body was supposed to be home and the figured the wood stove shouldn't have been going," said Dan Feiro, fire chief with East Brevator

No word yet on the cost of damage from the fire.

Written for the web by Elayne Crecelius
ecrecelius@northlandsnewscenter.com

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.