WARMING UP THURSDAY


CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MAP
DETAILED FORECAST
Wednesday- October 22, 2014


TONIGHT: Lows are down to 45º with cloudy skies and an 80% chance of showers and rain. There's a low to our north pressing eastward and this low carries an occluded front that will bring us the chance of rain tonight accumulating to around 0.1-0.2". Expect SE winds at 5-10mph.


THURSDAY: The low to our north continues slowly to the east. It will still bring around a 50-70% chance of rain for places east of Silver Bay and Minong. There's a 30% chance of morning showers in the Twin Ports then partly cloudy skies into the afternoon with temps getting into the low 60s. Expect SW winds at 5-10mph. West of the Twin Ports will stay dry with low 60s and a few clouds.


FRIDAY: Another low pushes in from the west into Central Manitoba, this gathers some warm air and brings it our way! Lows are in the mid 40s and highs could get up to 67º with some 70º readings possible throughout the Northland. Expect mostly sunny skies.


SATURDAY: That low moves just south of the Hudson Bay and a high pressure builds from the southwest over South Dakota. This will increase our pressure gradient making the NW wind a bit breezy at times. The NW wind cools us, but temperatures are still above average. Lows are near 46º and highs will be in the mid 50s.


SUNDAY: Expect sunny skies as the high pressure system moves over Northern Illinois. Lows are cooler, mid 30s with mostly clear skies and winds calming down. Highs will be again in the mid 50s with mostly sunny skies.

Make it a great day!

Adam Clark
Chief Meteorologist

THURSDAY NIGHT ECLIPSE VIEWING

CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE MAP