1. Contest Criteria: Contest is open to anyone enjoying the hunting experience in the Northland. We are looking for “good quality” photos that represent the sport of hunting, not just pictures of “trophy animal shots”. Take a picture of your hunting dog…your new hunter and their first kill….a buck stepping out of a fog…ducks on the lake in the morning. Use your imagination and submit the Best Shots you take that represent hunting in the Northland. Aesthetics, quality and composition of the photo are considerations in this contest. The article Capturing the Moment offers guidelines on shooting the best field photographs possible. The winning photo must include an animal that is legally hunted in the location the photograph was taken.
2. Contest Begins: November 10, 2010 and positively ends at 11:55 pm CST, December 19, 2010
3. Photo Guidelines: All submissions must be posted online at http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/ using a verifiable email address, or mailed to: Best Shot Contest, Northland’s NewsCenter, 246 South Lake Avenue, Duluth, MN 55802 (please include contact information). Photos must be posted or postmarked by 11:55 p.m. CST, December 12, 2010. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE: Name of person submitting the photo, location and date of the photo. Mailed photos cannot be returned. Call Jeanne Filkins @218.529.7768 with questions.
4. Judging: A panel of Northland”s NewsCenter staffers will pick the top five photos that best represent the sport of hunting in the Northland. Those photos will be posted December 13, 2010 for judging by online visitors. The finalist receiving the most visitor submitted votes by 11:55 p.m. CST, December 19, 2010 will be determined to be the winner. Visitor votes are limited to one per day per person.
5. Prize Information: Winner will receive: a hunting outfit and gun case supplied by Northwest Outlet, Inc.. Winner will be notified within one week of the end of online judging, using email address used for submission or contact information included in mailed submissions. Winner will pick up the prize from Northwest Outlet, Inc., 1814 Belknap Street, Superior, WI, within one month of notification.
6. KBJR, Inc. may disqualify any winner if the rules have been violated in any way.
7. Winners further allow their likenesses to be used by KBJR, Inc. in promotional announcements both on-air and through other means.
8. Winners are responsible for all local, state and federal taxes and any applicable fees that may apply.
9. All employees and immediate families or agents of Granite Broadcasting Corp., Malara Broadcast Group Duluth, LLC, KBJR, Inc., or participating sponsors are not eligible to win. The term immediate families includes: spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
10. One winner per household allowed.
11. KBJR, Inc. reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
12. All decisions of KBJR, Inc. are final.
13. This contest positively ends 11:55 p.m. CST, December 19, 2010.
14. KBJR, Inc. is not responsible for computing errors.
15. If prize winner declines the prize, an alternate winner may be picked for the vacated prize.
16. KBJR, Inc. is not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of this prize.