My Sammy's Story Rules
February 15, 2010 — April 30, 2010
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The “What’s your story” contest (“Contest”) begins on February 15, 2010 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on April 30, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m. CT. Central Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest CONTEST IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE 50 STATES OF THE U.S. (AND D.C.) AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST IS SAMMY’S PIZZA. (SAMMY’S)
1. Eligibility: Contest is only open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States (“U.S.”) (including the District of Columbia) who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of February 15, 2010 (“Entrant”). Employees and associates of Sammy’s Pizza or its affiliates, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with Contest (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related are ineligible to enter the Contest.
2. How to enter the What’s Your Story portion of contest:
a. On camera: Visit one of the nine participating locations on a designated night and share a story on camera. A videographer from Northland’s NewsCenter will be available from 5-7 p.m. to tape entrants’ stories (“Entries”). Individuals or groups will have a maximum of 60 seconds to tell their story.
• March 3 – Hibbing
• March 10 – Downtown
• March 17 – West Duluth
• March 24 – Lakeside
• March 31 – Grand Rapids
• April 7 – Hermantown
• April 14 – Woodland
• April 21 – Cloquet
• April 28 – Duluth Heights
b. Online: Access the Contest Web site at http://www.mysammys.com (“Web Site”) and click on the “What’s Your Story” contest button. Entrants will be redirected to the Contest home page and entry form. Follow the online instructions to complete and submit the Official Contest entry form in its entirety. Information required on the online entry form consists of your first name, last name, ZIP code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, and e-mail address, upload a video or write a story and upload a photograph;
c. In store: Fill out the Contest Submission form at any of the participating locations. Submission form must include name, physical address, city, state, ZIP code, e-mail address, phone number, written story and picture to be eligible for the Contest.
3. How to enter the random drawing portion of contest: Place your business card or sign-up form in the fishbowl at participating locations to be entered into the random drawing. Business card or sign-up form must include name, e-mail address, ZIP code, and telephone number (including area code) to be eligible for the Contest. Entries submitted to the What’s Your Story portion of the contest will be automatically entered into the random drawing.
4. Contest Guidelines: Entrants must create a video (a maximum of 60 second in length), or submit a written essay (maximum of 140 words) including a picture of their Sammy’s story (“Entry”) to be eligible for the Weekly Prize. Entries from the previous week(s) will judged each Friday during the Contest, beginning on March 5, 2010, for nine weeks. Once the week’s judging is complete, the judged entries are no longer eligible for the weekly prize, unless they are resubmitted the following week. Each entrant may submit their Entry up to nine times (one submission each judging period during the contest).
All Entries must be the original creation of the entrant. The video or written story and photograph must not have been previously submitted, distributed, aired or have won any other award in any other competition. All entrants will be required to sign an affidavit verifying the originality of the Entry and compliance with contest rules. Entry cannot defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party personal or proprietary rights. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to depictions of buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
Entrants may submit a sign-up form or business card in the fishbowl an unlimited number of times for the random Grand Prize drawing.
5. Judging: There will be nine (9) judging periods during the contest. The Entries submitted during each judging period will be eligible to win the Weekly Prize awarded for the specified judging period. During the final judging period (April 30, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru May 10, 2010 at 11:59:59), the nine Weekly Winners will be placed on the Web site and the public will vote online for the best Entry. The Entry with the most votes will be awarded one (1) Grand Prize. The judging periods will be as follows:
a. February 15, 2010 at 12:00:01 a.m. CT thru March 5, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
b. March 5, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru March 12, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
c. March 12, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru March 19, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
d. March 19, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru March 26, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
e. March 26, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru April 2, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
f. April 2, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru April 9, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
g. April 9, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru April 16, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
h. April 16, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru April 23, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
i. April 23, 2010 at 12:00:01 p.m. CT thru April 30, 2010 at 11:59:59 a.m CT
7. Consumer Disclosure:
a. Grand Prize: Two (2) Grand Prizes: There will be two (2) Grand Prizes awarded (“Grand Prize Winner”), consisting of a $1,250 gift card to Best Buy or $1,200 cash. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is twelve hundred and fifty dollars ($1,250). Actual value of the Grand Prize will vary slightly depending upon the retail consumer price of the item purchased from the applicable participating Best Buy;
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the Entry with the most online votes;
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to a winner drawn at random from all Contest Entries, business cards and sign-up forms placed in the fishbowls during the contest period at participating locations.
b. Weekly Prize: Nine (9) Weekly Prizes: There will be nine (9) weekly prizes awarded (“Weekly Prize Winner”), consisting of twelve (12) promotional cards, that may be used to purchase one (1) 16-inch, family-size, two topping pizza at participating Sammy’s restaurants each month for one (1) year (12 months) as further identified on the expiration appearing on the promotional cards. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Weekly Prize is two hundred and forty dollars ($240). Actual value of the Grand Prize will vary slightly depending upon the retail consumer price of the item purchased from the applicable participating Sammy’s Pizza restaurants.
c. The Grand Prize and Weekly Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below). No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for any Grand Prize or Weekly Prize, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize (or prize component) with one of equal value for any reason in its sole discretion. Grand Prize and Weekly Prize notification and the Grand Prize and Weekly Prize will be shipped to the 50 U.S. states and District of Columbia addresses only. All federal, State, or other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize and Weekly Prize Winners. If applicable, the Grand Prize and Weekly Prize Winners will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total ARV, attributable to the Grand Prize, as stated herein, for the calendar year that he/she won. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen promotional cards, coupons or certificates.
8. Weekly Prize Winner Notification: The Weekly Prize Winners will be notified upon selection by telephone or e-mail (at the number and/or e-mail address provided for the on the Entrant’s Entry). If the Weekly Prize Winners cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of notification of winning, is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential Weekly Prize Winner will be disqualified and another entry may be selected and declared the Winner. Return of a Weekly Prize or Weekly Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Weekly Prize Winner may be drawn, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be available to the winners four to six weeks after the contest ends.
9. Grand Prize Winner Notification: The Grand Prize Winners will be notified upon selection by telephone or e-mail (at the number and/or e-mail address provided for on that Entrant’s Entry). If the Grand Prize Winners cannot be reached within three (3) days of notification of winning, is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and another name may be drawn and declared the Winner. Return of a Grand Prize or Grand Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winners may be drawn, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be available to the winners four to six weeks after the contest ends.
10. General Conditions and Disclaimers: Grand Prize Winners and Weekly Prize Winners decision is final and binding. This Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Grand Prize Winners will be required to sign, execute, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Release (“Affidavit/Release”) and any other documentation that the Sponsor may require within two (2) days of receiving notification and return the originals by mail, fax, or by e-mail, two (2) days of receiving notification, or the potential Grand Prize and Weekly Prize Winners will be disqualified and alternate potential Grand Prize and Weekly Prize Winners may be drawn at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Contest or by accepting any Grand Prize or Weekly Prize, Entrants, as applicable, agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Contest, or the Contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects. Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means or Entries that are late, incomplete, lost, misdirected, forged, damaged, destroyed, tampered with, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such Entries will be disqualified. Contest Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify Contest or any portion(s) thereof. Any person attempting to defraud Sponsor or tamper with the Contest in any way will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law and will not be eligible for a Grand Prize or Weekly Prize. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from submission of entry. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant who submitted an Entry, the authorized account owner of the e-mail account associated with that Entry will be deemed the entrant, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. Disclaimers: Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for multiple Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), or for Entries that are late, destroyed, mutilated, forged, lost, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, mechanically duplicated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and all such Entries will be disqualified. By participating, Entrants agree that Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy) in connection with this Contest, including participation or the acceptance, receipt, possession, misuse, nonuse or use of any Grand Prize (or portion thereof); incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; human error; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Contest; interruption or inability to access the Contest Web Site, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Contest Entities; and waives all rights to claim direct, indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages, attorney fees or any damages other than actual out–of–pocket costs incurred to enter. Contest Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the prize suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsors and other Contest Entities. Entrants agree to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Contest Entities.
13. Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief: Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agree that the relationship between the Entrant and the Contest Entities is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Entrant’s decision to submit an entry for purposes of the Contest does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public.
14. Dates and Deadlines/Anticipated Number of Entries: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Contest.
15. Rules/Winner Information: To receive the names of the Grand Prize Winners, Weekly Prize Winner, or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sammy’s Pizza What’s Your Story Contest “Rules”/“Winner Information” (specify which), 4631 E. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55804. All requests must be received by May 17, 2010. Official Rules will also be accessible on the Web Site. Grant Prize Winners and Weekly Prize Winners names may also be posted on the Web Site.
16. Sponsor: Sammy’s Pizza. 4631 E. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55804