Holiday Contest Rules
2. SPONSOR: the Sponsor of this contest is Broadcast Interactive Media dba "YouNewsTV" or "YouNews". Employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions and/or advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family and household members are not eligible. Contest subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Submit a Holiday video or photo to YouNews™ any time between Monday, December 6, 2010 at Noon EST and Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM/EST. There is no limit to the number of submissions per person or per household, but only Holiday content will be eligible to win, and there is a limit of 1 prize / person / family / household. In the event the same content is submitted by more than one entrant, only the first entry received will qualify.
4. WINNER SELECTION: After the entry window closes, YouNews editors will select FIVE finalists in each category. Categories include: Best Indoor Decorations, Best Outdoor Light Display, Best Holiday Pet, Cutest Holiday Kid.
Entries will be judged on originality, content quality, as well as the submitters ability to "capture" the season with a video or photo. Online voting (12/29/10 to 1/3/11) across the YouNews network will determine the four national winners.
YouNews editors reserve the right to eliminate a category or choose more than one winner from a category if suitable submissions are not received. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, January 4, 2011. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event that the Prize is unavailable for any reason.
National Prize (4 awarded):
Apple® iPod touch™ 32GB MP3 Players (4th Generation)
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential Prize winners will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and any other required documents within fourteen (14) days of receipt. If Winner(s) fail to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the Prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant as determined by YouNews Editors.
6. GENERAL: Contest subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering this Contest, Entrants and Prize Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules; agree to release Sponsor and its Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property right and merchandise delivery; Prize winners consent to the use of his/her name, submitted entry, photograph, likeness, and text for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Prize Winners acknowledge that the stated parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Sponsor and its Related Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor and its Related Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
NOTE: YouNews will purchase four Apple® iPod Touch™ 32GB MP3 Players (4th Generation). Apple is not a sponsor of or affiliated with the YouNews Holiday Contest.